Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
1. Article should be written in Ukrainian, Russian and English, which publishes the results of original research, and information on major scientific problems and results of scientific work in the field of medicine, biology and pharmacy.
2. The article should have a regard of the institution with the recommendation to publish and signature of the Head and sealed expert opinion on the possibility of open publication. Under the text of the article it is required the signatures of all authors and scientific supervisor. It is necessary to specify the degree, academic title and email address of each author as well as the last, first and middle names, job location, address, telephone and fax of the author, whom we can lead correspondence and negotiations with.
3. Article should be written on the one side of A4 size paper (210×297 mm), 1800-2000 graphic characters on the page. Two copies of the article should be sent.
4. Digital exemplar of the article should be registered in OJS system on the web-page of journal (htpp://ojs.tdmu.edu.ua).
5. Article size, including tables, figures, references, summary should not exceed 8 pages, size of problem article, literature review, lecture – 12 pages, short massage, referee report – 5 pages.
6. Tables, figures and other illustrations material should be submitted in each individual file. File format for the text and tables – document MS Word (doc, docx or rtf), for figures and other illustrations – jpg, tif, bmp or pdf. For formulas it is recommended to use an equation editor Microsoft Equation. Illustrations to the article (charts, graphs, photographs) should be sent in duplicate. On the back of each illustration the number, names of authors and marks "Top", "Bottom" should be indicated. In micrographs description the increasing and coloring material method should be indicated. Photos should be contrast, figures – clear. Tables should have short headlines and their own numbering. Playing the same material in the form of tables and figures is not allowed.
7. Articles should be written as follows: UDC, initials and names of authors, full name of the institution (capital letters), title of the work (capital letters), summary in Ukrainian (250-300 words), which must contain the following structural elements as introduction, the aim of the study, methods of the research, results and discussion, conclusions, key words (up to 8) in Ukrainian, introduction, methods of the research, results and discussion, conclusions, literature list, references, initials and surnames of the authors in Russian, full name of the institution in Russian (capital letters), title of the article in Russian (capital letters), structured summary in Russian (250-300 words), key words (up to 8) in Russian, initials and surnames of the authors in English, full name of the institution in English (capital letters), title of the article in English (capital letters) structured summary (250-300 words) in English, key words (up to 8) in English.
8. The text of the article (description of original and experimental studies) should include the following sections:
- articulation of the issue in general aspect and its relationship with important scientific and practical tasks;
- analysis of recent research and publications in which a solution of the problem is started and on which the author bases himself upon; allocation of unsolved before parts of the problem, which is the article is devoted to;
- formulation of the purposes of the article (task assignment);
- the brief description of the research material with full substantiation of the obtained scientific results;
- conclusions of the research and prospects for further studies in this area.
Each of these sections should be highlighted.
9. All designations measures (units of various sizes, digital data of clinical and laboratory research) should be submitted according to the International System of Units (SI) pursuant to the requirements of standards GOST 3651-97 "Units of physical quantities." The names of companies, reagents and drugs should be given in the original transcription.
10. In description of the experimental studies species, sex, number of animals, methods of anesthesia during manipulations associated with causation of pain in the animals, the method of killing should be indicated. Prerequisite is the humane treatment of animals during experiments.
11. In the text when referring to the publication its number according to the list of literature in square brackets should be indicated.
12. Bibliography should contain the works for the last 10 years. In the original articles no more than 10 sources should be cited, in surveys – up to 30.
13. It is necessary to send two variants of the references – traditional and additional for foreign databases (references). The first list should be completed the usual way, in accordance with GOST 7.1: 2006 as in the thesis (http://psychling.phdpu.edu.ua/images/recenzent/Oform%20bibl%20opusy%20Form%20N23.pdf). The second variant should be completed in accordance with the APA standard – American Psychological Association (http://csnukr.in.ua/articles/APA%20English%202010.07.27.pdf). It fully repeats the first variant, but transliterated in Latin. The list in Latin should indicate all the authors of literary sources (DSTU GOST 7.1: 2006 does not stipulate for this). The name of the source (journal, book and conference) should be always italicized.
Requirements for the additional reference list (REFERENCES)
- 1. Structure of bibliographic citation on Cyrillic source:
• author (s) and initials of the author (s) (transliteration)
• year of publication in parentheses ();
• transliterated name of publication, title in English in square brackets ;
• transliterated name of the source (journal, conference) title in English;
• raw data (place of publication, pages) in English.
2. Algorithm of completion of the references list:
2.1. If a scientific work is written in language that uses the Cyrillic alphabet, its bibliographic description should be transliterated in Latin letters. After the title of the work in Latin its translation in English should be printed in square brackets.
- 2.2. It is recommended to use a system of automatic transliteration:
Ukrainian transliteration: http://www.slovnyk.ua/services/translit.php.
Russian transliteration: http://ru.translit.net/?account=zagranpasport.
2.3. References list should be edited according to the APA standard:
– take away the special marks in transliterated list (“//”, “/”, “–”);
– after transliteration the title of the work in English should be printed in square brackets, and after transliteration of the source put a dash and write the title of the source in English;
– correct the indication of the pages (instead of12 s. to 12 p.);
– add in the end [in Ukrainian] or [in Russian];
– if it is a book indicate the full place of edition in English (e.g., Kyiv), transliterate the name of the publishing house.
Information on international standard APA (American Psychological Association (APA) Style) is at Vernadskyi National Library site http://nbuv.gov.ua/node/929.
Internet resource http://www.citethisforme.com/ will help you to prepare a proper list of references required by the APA. After entering metadata in the proposed form the system will generate regular references for your bibliography, which is necessary to copy and paste in your article.
IMPORTANT: Only straight quotes (") are allowed to use in the description elements; replacing Latin letters in Cyrillic is forbidden.
Examples of citations in APA style
Transliterated surname(s) and initials of the author(s). (year of publication). Transliterated title of the article [title of the article in English]. Transliterated name of the journal – name of the journal in English, volume, number, issue, page(s).
Author, A.A. (2015). Nazva statti [Title of article]. Bibliotekoznavstvo. Dokumentoznavstvo. Informologiia – Library science. Document science. Informology, 4 (1), 121–135 [in Ukrainian].
One author – Author, A.A.
Two authors – Author, A.A., & Author, B.B.
Three to seven authors – Author, A.A., Author, B.B., Author, C.C., Author, D.D., Author, E.E., Author, F.F., & Author, G.G.
More than seven authors – Author, A.A., Author, B.B., Author, C.C., Author, D.D., Author, E.E., Author, F.F., … Author, Z.Z.
Transliterated surname(s) and initials of the author(s). (year of publication). Transliterated title of the book [title of the book in English]. City in English: Transliterated name of the publishing house.
Author, A.А. (2015). Nazva knigi [Title of book]. Kyiv: Naukova dumka [in Ukrainian].
Author, A.А. (2015). Nazva roboty [Subtitle]. In Nazva knigi – Title of book (Vol. 10, pp. 33–44). Kyiv: Naukova dumka [in Ukrainian].
Thesis, abstract of a thesis
Translate the title of the thesis. Certainly specify PhD dissertation, Extended abstract of PhD dissertation, Master’s thesis. Report correct official translation of the name of institution or transliteration of the name.
IMPORTANT: it is better to refer to the full text of the thesis not the abstract.
Author, A.А. (2015). Title of dissertation. PhD dissertation (Social Communication). KharkivStateAcademy of Culture, Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
Author, A.А. (2015). Title of dissertation. Extended abstract of PhD dissertation (Social Communication). KharkivStateAcademy of Culture, Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
Abstracts of Papers, Proceedings of the Conference
Abstracts of Papers.
Proceedings of the Conference Name.
Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference/Symposium/Congress…
Author, A.А. (2015). Nazva tez [Title of article]. Abstracts of Papers. Conference Name. Kyiv, June 1–3. 2015. (pp. 29–42). Kyiv: VNLU [in Ukrainian].
Author, A.А. (2015). Nazva tez [Title of article]. In Title of book (if aby): Proceedings of the Conference. Kyiv, June 1–3. 2015. (pp. 29–42). Kyiv: VNLU [in Ukrainian].
14. Editors correct spelling, punctuation or stylistic errors, removes unnecessary images, if necessary shorten the text.
15. Articles, prepared without observance of these rules are not registered. First of all we publish the articles of subscribers and materials ordered by the editorial staff.
16. The author is solely responsible for the accuracy of data presented in the article and the references.
17. Publication of the articles is fee-based. Payment is made after reviewing the article.
18. Articles should be sent to: the journal "Medical and Clinical Chemistry", publishing house "I. Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University," Maidan Voli, 1, Ternopil, 46001, Ukraine. e-mail: email@example.com.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.